Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
I'm looking for a compact messenger bag for my iPad that will work well as an every day bag (going to the park, Library, café, around the city etc.) and will also be a good solution for travel.

Some other important criteria:

I need to be able to fit my Logitech Tablet Keyboard, which is 11.4 inches long.

It is in the vertical orientation for comfortable and out-of-the-way carry.

It needs to have a good design and overall style.

I'd like to have a pocket for quick access to a book for reading.

It should offer good protection for the iPad with a padded pouch.

There should be good organization for other small items like charger, cables, notebook, pen, earbuds etc.

So far, I've found the following bags intriguing:

Krusell Uppsala

Booq Mamba Courier 11"

Hex Fleet 11"

If any of you could offer your experiences with these bags or have a suggestion for a similar type of bag it would be great to hear your ideas.

Last edited:

fastmax

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 2, 2011
The sfbags are great quality to be sure, but I don't like using my iPad with a sleeve, so the minimal one main pocket design does not work well for me. The Muzetto video seems to show both the iPad and Keyboard in the same compartment together. I much prefer having a separate protected pocket just for the iPad, so that I can access it quickly. And they are a bit more than I want to invest in this particular bag, though I'm sure well worth it for someone who doesn't want or need more division in the design.

The Booq Mamba Courier is probably the closest design to what I'm looking for, but I'm reading reviews on Amazon US and UK that mention a dislike for the feel and durability of the outer material. Anyone want to share their thoughts with using the Courier over time?

Last edited:

pooleman

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Eastern CT
Go to www.timbuk2.com. They sell great bags with a great warranty and they are having 25% off everything this weekend.

lighttraveler

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2013
Reposting my reply from another thread. Also your 11.4" keyboard will fit. I just measured..

Folks, I doubt you ever saw this before:

Platforma iPad messenger bag from Strotter. I am Serge, the founder of the company. This is, however, more than just a bag. It converts in 2 secs into a backpack, and into a mobile desk - hands-free style, meaning you can use the iPad while standing up with both hands free to type.

Some pics:

Platforma-messenger-iPad-bag-with-award1.jpg

Image00039.jpg

ipad-messenger-bag-platforma-collage1.jpg

From the MacWorld Expo, The Platforma bag in "work mode" is on the left, the Across case is on the right.
DSC_5986-001.JPG

Watch the demo videos on the site to see how our bags and cases work. We also make a slim iPad case Across. Feel free to ask questions here, or contact me at serge at strotter dot com.

Serge / strotter.com

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.