Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old May 17, 2013, 08:10 PM   #1
iteachmac
macrumors newbie

Random clicking from new iPad mini

I feel like I'm going crazy. My new ipad mini, which is amazing in so many ways, emits a soft click at random. Usually after a combination of a swipe and a home key press. I cannot find any combination that will trigger the click, but it is definitely triggered by a touch.

Whether the volume is up or muted, it stays soft, almost in audible. I really like this thing, but its starting to make me ill.

Anyone heard of such behavior?
iteachmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2013, 09:15 AM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

I have not. If it's still within the 2 week window, return it and get a new one. Otherwise try and get it exchanged under warranty.
Old May 18, 2013, 12:55 PM   #3
TyPod
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear View Post
I have not. If it's still within the 2 week window, return it and get a new one. Otherwise try and get it exchanged under warranty.
I agree. I would go to an Apple Store and get it checked out. If you feel like it's going to bother you a bunch, I would definitely get it replaced if it's a valid problem.
Old May 21, 2013, 07:26 AM   #4
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by iteachmac View Post
I feel like I'm going crazy. My new ipad mini, which is amazing in so many ways, emits a soft click at random. Usually after a combination of a swipe and a home key press. I cannot find any combination that will trigger the click, but it is definitely triggered by a touch.

Whether the volume is up or muted, it stays soft, almost in audible. I really like this thing, but its starting to make me ill.

My release day Mini was clicking/creaking because my glass became separated from the edge on the volume button side. Every time I pushed down on the screed it make a slight creaking clicking noise. I got mine swapped out.
Old May 21, 2013, 07:41 AM   #5
Kebabselector
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXiro View Post
My release day Mini was clicking/creaking because my glass became separated from the edge on the volume button side. Every time I pushed down on the screed it make a slight creaking clicking noise. I got mine swapped out.
Mine had a similar problem on the top of the unit. Slight click everytime I touched that area. As with MrXiro it was swapped with out any problems.
Kebabselector is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 06:43 AM   #6
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iteachmac View Post

I have heard this too in a silent room. It almost sounds electrical instead of a physical click. Thought I was going crazy, but a friend also heard it when scrolling fast through a page.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad