Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
My two week old hail broken phone is warm and although deleting a particular app bumped up my two hours of light usage two four hours, I still know my battery is capable of longer, plus it's pretty warm while charging, and barely using it.

So I plan on removing all but one cydia app. Would that be good enough especially if I know the battery drain is coming from one of the cydia apps? Or does restoring do something a little extra?

My phone came with 6.1.2 and on my comp it still shows that when I open ITunes.

quietstormSD

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
San Diego, CA
I'm not sure if this is recommended. But you can delete mobilesubstrate, which should get rid of all your tweaks, since they are all dependent on mobilesubstrate and start out relatively clean. I've done this a month or 2 ago when I was having issues, and wanted to start off fresh and ofcourse couldn't restore to 6.1.2. That's your best best right now. Others may recommend deleting the tweaks one by one.

pod5g

macrumors regular
May 15, 2013
I'm not sure if this is recommended. But you can delete mobilesubstrate, which should get rid of all your tweaks, since they are all dependent on mobilesubstrate and start out relatively clean. I've done this a month or 2 ago when I was having issues, and wanted to start off fresh and ofcourse couldn't restore to 6.1.2. That's your best best right now. Others may recommend deleting the tweaks one by one.

I just re-JB'ed on my iPod when it got too slow, but its a 3G on 5.1.1 and it cannot upgrade to 6.x.x.

As for the OP, while it will give you a fresh start, it's not an actual restore. You're still jailbroken, you just don't have any tweaks.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
I deleted most of the tweaks/apps. I'm at 3 hours of usage and 11 hours of standby time with 37 percent left, and its not running hot like it was. I kept Tetherme, Springtomize, and 3G Unrestrictor.I honestly think it was one of my Hello Kitty tweaks.. Bummer. Made my phone so pretty :rolleyes: but I'd rather have better battery/usage then a pretty phone.

Everything else that I kept is stuff that came with the jailbreak.

I'm going to see if I get better battery after I charge it fully later. If I can see the eight hours like some say they get, that would be great (doubt it) but will stay hopeful.

lanceuppercut47

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2013
My two week old hail broken phone is warm and although deleting a particular app bumped up my two hours of light usage two four hours, I still know my battery is capable of longer, plus it's pretty warm while charging, and barely using it.

So I plan on removing all but one cydia app. Would that be good enough especially if I know the battery drain is coming from one of the cydia apps? Or does restoring do something a little extra?

My phone came with 6.1.2 and on my comp it still shows that when I open ITunes.

You might also need to delete the cydia tweak's preferences, else when you install the app again, it'll be in its previous state.

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
Preferences? What section of the app is that in ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 116

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Preferences? What section of the app is that in ?

He means the leftover plist files I think. You can use iCleaner to delete these. Just install iCleaner then tap on the plus symbol button at the bottom. Then scroll down to preference files. Tap that and then you can delete the leftover preference files associated with everything you removed from Cydia.

You can also do this with iFile or a tool like iFunBox. If you'd rather do it this way let me know and ill get the file path for you. ICleaner is the easiest way to accomplish this though. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I have the impression you're not an advanced user. Just let me know either way or if you have questions. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

Pinkstiletto66

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
New York City.
Nope, not advanced just a beginner. Thanks. I will go download Icleaner.

----------

Do I keep all of those on or just the cydia related ones?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 88

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Nope, not advanced just a beginner. Thanks. I will go download Icleaner.

----------

Do I keep all of those on or just the cydia related ones?

Oh boy lol. Apparently you didn't read my post very carefully lol. You gotta tap the plus symbol in the bottom. Then tap on preference files. Then in there, you can delete individual preference files. Delete the files associated with all the Cydia stuff you've removed from your device.

If you have any other questions let me know.

madizm83

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2013
ILex tweak

Use Ilex rat and select from the options, this basically can get ur iphone new, like restoring but u keep the jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.