Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old May 18, 2013, 04:12 PM   #1
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000

XServe RAID: all drive lights red

I just purchased an XServe RAID for $10 used. It wasn't sold as broken, but it was a no guarantee sort of thing. I have it powered on right now. The light in the top right corner of every drive caddy is red. There is currently one 40GB drive installed in drive 3. Unfortunately, it did not include the fiber card/cables, so I cannot test using a computer, and I am hesitant to purchase these when this may not work. Therefor, I would like to know: why it might be doing it, and some troubleshooting steps to fix it.

Thank you!
MisterKeeks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2013, 12:09 AM   #2
mwhities
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to mwhities Send a message via MSN to mwhities
Page 46: http://manuals.info.apple.com/en_US/..._UserGuide.PDF
Old May 19, 2013, 12:45 PM   #3
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhities View Post
I had seen that. However, this issue is present in bays with no drives. The red light indicates problem or failure. Unless all of the drive bays have failed, I suspect that it is an issue with some other part of the XRaid than the drive (bays). I'm wondering what this issue could be.
Old May 19, 2013, 09:07 PM   #4
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000

Nevermind- drive IDE cable was not plugged in all the way.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking