Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
This is the only freemium game that makes sense, given the context.

The wait times are not bad at all, and once you get over the hump, you're making money like crazy and it's like a domino effect.

Right now I am level 10 and I adore this title, I like it better than the sims 3. I wouldn't mind dropping some dollars on this, heck I would honestly pay full price retail for a game like this.

Anybody play this?

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
The Sims 3 for PC blows that game out of the water, and I don't even like The Sims.

It feels like the sims game I had on my feature phone 4 years ago, except with prettier graphics and not costing $5.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
This is the only freemium game that makes sense, given the context.

The wait times are not bad at all, and once you get over the hump, you're making money like crazy and it's like a domino effect.

Right now I am level 10 and I adore this title, I like it better than the sims 3. I wouldn't mind dropping some dollars on this, heck I would honestly pay full price retail for a game like this.

Anybody play this?
It is strangely addictive for me and my daughter. I've never played Sims before on any platform. I'm level 29 now!

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
No.

I adore The Sims, however, this game is pure garbage IMO. It is completely based on you following a set of directions, vs actually getting to play the game the way you actually want to. I want to decorate my house whenever I want to, not whenever they tell me to.

GKDAIR

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 4, 2011
The Sims 3 for PC blows that game out of the water, and I don't even like The Sims.

It feels like the sims game I had on my feature phone 4 years ago, except with prettier graphics and not costing $5.

Freeplay is like having every expansion for the Sims 3, which I don't.

I have a couple, World Adventures and Pets. Sims 3 is pretty good but Sims Freeplay is just strangely addicting.

----------

No.

I adore The Sims, however, this game is pure garbage IMO. It is completely based on you following a set of directions, vs actually getting to play the game the way you actually want to. I want to decorate my house whenever I want to, not whenever they tell me to.

I don't follow this logic? I can build anything anytime I want as long as I have the funds.

TouchMint.com

macrumors 68000
May 25, 2012
Phoenix
Once you get to like level 30 the game goes really really really slow. I Deleted it a few weeks ago. I had about 20 people working max jobs and still would make hardly any progress. Yes the first 20-25 levels are pretty fun but after that its pretty pointless =/. Good for a free game tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.