Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RagingGoat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I have managed to get my UIImageView to show behind my UITextView and it is just fine on one view but on this one, some of the text is getting highlighted and so the image doesn't show behind that text. The highlighted text areas have white behind them instead of the image. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 253

xStep

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2003
Less lost in L.A.
Perhaps tell people how you are performing the highlighting as they might be able to share some insight on that method. Perhaps there is a hightlightBackgroundColor option or some such influencer.

P.S. In the future, please compress such large images down to the minimum using Preview. This slow internet connection I have took 5 minutes to show me your image. I compressed your 2.7MB file down to 301KB and it looked fine for this type of image.

RagingGoat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
I actually got it working. For some reason, deleting and recreating the text view worked.

Duncan C

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2008
Northern Virginia
I actually got it working. For some reason, deleting and recreating the text view worked.

Was the opaque checkbox checked on the text view? Or did it have a background color other than clear? Both of those things would do it, and they are both things you have to get correct when you create the text view in Interface Builder.

RagingGoat

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
Was the opaque checkbox checked on the text view? Or did it have a background color other than clear? Both of those things would do it, and they are both things you have to get correct when you create the text view in Interface Builder.

I had to set the background color of the top view to clear. I just overlooked that when going through the settings.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.