Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old May 19, 2013, 07:17 PM   #1
elgrecomac
macrumors 65816

VPN Locks / Hangs computer after 10-15minutes of use

Problem: When using VPN to download a file, my computer becomes 100% non-responsive. I am not able to force/quit any apps nor am I able to restart the computer. The only way to un-hang the computer is to do a hard reset / tun the computer off and on again.

Any suggestions as to why this is happening and what I can to do remedy the problem is greatly appreciated.

Background:
1. 2008 Macbook Pro with 4Gb RAM. OSX 10.8.3
2. VPN client is Bit Torrent or uTorrent
3. I use BTGuard for VPN services
4. VPN config in OSX is 'standard': PPP for v4 and Automatic for v6; no proxies; no DNS entries; and I check 'ALL TRAFFIC goes VIA VPN'

Thanks, in advance for your assistance.

Last edited by elgrecomac; May 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM.
elgrecomac is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion