Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
NY
This is a long one.

Recently, iTunes has been ****ing with my music something fierce. I've had an iPhone since 2007, and iPod far before that, and only recently am I having problems.

OSX, iOS, and iTunes are all fully up to date.

So the problem started with album art not showing up. I browse my music on my iPhone by album, and while the album art was present when a track was played, it would not show up in the All Albums view next to the album name. This seemed to be a recent thing affecting only music bought from the iTunes Store. I would purchase it from the iTunes app on the phone, and when I would sync with the computer it would disappear.

I upgraded to iTunes 11.0.3 the other day, did a sync to transfer some photos, and it ****ed everything up.

If I selected any song, it would automatically skip through all of them in the album, not allowing me to listen to anything. This happened with almost all the songs, but then there were random ones that would play.

I tried getting rid of all the music on the iPhone and resyncing the entire library, but it did nothing.

I got so fed up that I did a full restore, and restored from my iCloud backup. I did a sync of all my music again...and it's worse.

Now random album artwork is indiscriminately not showing up, some albums will skip, there are duplicate songs in albums (one that will play, the other will skip).

Also, I no have no music data on my phone now, but when I go to my iPhone and to "On This iPhone" for music, it says there are a random 467 songs out of my 2000+ even though there isn't. Most look greyed out, random ones aren't. The usage bar at the bottom shows that there is no audio save for a few voice memos.

What the hell is going on? Has anyone experienced this? Help?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.