Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iFiend

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Has anyone gotten a replacement iPhone 5 from the genius bar in the last week or so that had 6.1.2? Looking for a glimmer of hope :eek:

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Has anyone gotten a replacement iPhone 5 from the genius bar in the last week or so that had 6.1.2? Looking for a glimmer of hope :eek:

To state the obvious, this is a function of your local Apple store and how many replacements they have given out. Even if someone on MR had received one with 6.1.2 would be irrelevant to what your local store might have.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
To state the obvious, this is a function of your local Apple store and how many replacements they have given out. Even if someone on MR had received one with 6.1.2 would be irrelevant to what your local store might have.

I also scratch my head over these questions :rolleyes:

While I have no idea how many Apple stores there are, what happened to a hundred other MacRumors readers has no bearing on what will happen to thread starter at his local Apple store.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
I also scratch my head over these questions :rolleyes:

While I have no idea how many Apple stores there are, what happened to a hundred other MacRumors readers has no bearing on what will happen to thread starter at his local Apple store.

No different than starting a thread and asking people what the weather is.:D

TL24

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2011
At this point I would think it's very unlikely that they would have phone with 6.1.2.

Not true at all, most of the phones they have are still stuck on 6.1.2 or even lower.

I recently had my GF's iPhone 5 replaced and we got one that was on 6.1! Then again it really depends on what they've got in stock and how long they've had it in stock.

TC25

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2011
Not true at all, most of the phones they have are still stuck on 6.1.2 or even lower.
How would you, or anyone else, know this?

I recently had my GF's iPhone 5 replaced and we got one that was on 6.1!
You should tell the OP the location of the store you visited.

Then again it really depends on what they've got in stock and how long they've had it in stock.

In other words, see posts #4 and #6.

rmecsw

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2009
iphone replacement

just swapped out my iphone 5 at Palisades Mall in Nanuet NY, much to my shock and surprise, the OS was 6.12!! I think that this is more likely to occur on the 64gb iphone 5, as they havent sold like the lesser gb models.This was the only reason I went with 64gb in the first place.

Mrg02d

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2012
How would you, or anyone else, know this?

You should tell the OP the location of the store you visited.

In other words, see posts #4 and #6.

What is with you? All of your posts are flaming posts. This topic was asking other people's experience. It has nothing to do with whether its a good question or not...the OP was simply asking for other people's experience. Go away if you don't have relevant experience to share.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.