Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
Hey,
Does anyone have the original carrier bundle for the iPhone 5 LTE AT&T carrier bundle on iOS 6.1.2? I tried this: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/05/20/hacked-carrier-update-att-i5/
and it didn't go too well! I would like to revert back to the original one but I am having trouble doing so.

I followed the directions to REvert (Jailbreaked device) and it didn't work. I had to reapply the hacked carrier bundle to connect back to AT&T

Thanks!

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Hey,
Does anyone have the original carrier bundle for the iPhone 5 LTE AT&T carrier bundle on iOS 6.1.2? I tried this: http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/05/20/hacked-carrier-update-att-i5/
and it didn't go too well! I would like to revert back to the original one but I am having trouble doing so.

I followed the directions to REvert (Jailbreaked device) and it didn't work. I had to reapply the hacked carrier bundle to connect back to AT&T

Thanks!

I believe I just posted mine a couple weeks ago. You could search my user name. I'm mobile now & will check back later.

Was going to try that earlier but thought I'd wait for others to go 1st;)!

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
I believe I just posted mine a couple weeks ago. You could search my user name. I'm mobile now & will check back later.

Was going to try that earlier but thought I'd wait for others to go 1st;)!

Thanks! Did you make the posting for the file GCI.zip? If so, I don't thin that is it :(

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Thanks! Did you make the posting for the file GCI.zip? If so, I don't thin that is it :(

Yea I put it into a zip that was the only way I could figure out how to post it. If that isn't it give me the path and I'll get it done when I get home.

If somebody doesn't beat me to it. Hint hint lol!!!

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
Yea I put it into a zip that was the only way I could figure out how to post it. If that isn't it give me the path and I'll get it done when I get home.

If somebody doesn't beat me to it. Hint hint lol!!!

Thank you so much for your help man. If I can get the files in the following 2 locations:
Location 1: var/mobile/Library/Carrier bundles/iPhone the: ATT_US.bundle folder entirely
Location 2: Files located in var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/overlay

Thanks!!

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
Hey,

Thanks!

I haven't seen any threads on this on here, and I'm curious what your experience was was it. I'm considering it but don't want to try it until others have tried and given it a good review.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Thank you so much for your help man. If I can get the files in the following 2 locations:
Location 1: var/mobile/Library/Carrier bundles/iPhone the: ATT_US.bundle folder entirely
Location 2: Files located in var/mobile/Library/Carrier Bundles/overlay

Thanks!!

Here ya go hope this is it if not I'll be here all day:D

Attachments

• Carrier Bundle.bundle.zip
    94.5 KB · Views: 845
  • Carrier~Bundles.theme.zip
    108.9 KB · Views: 457

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
There are directions on how to revert within that link.

So weird, it worked fine for me!

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island

Been following the thread and would like to to try it. I usually keep a very clean Cydia though. I don't want to lose my Jb of all things I mean I even put a ugly waterproof case on the phone:rolleyes:...

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
Here ya go hope this is it if not I'll be here all day:D

YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!! Thank you!!! I was able to just replace all the files that you sent me with PhoneView in advanced mode and my phone is back to normal.

----------

That is so strange! I did what the directions said it left my phone useless: "No Service" and under the settings the modem version, carrier, and all of that data was missing.

----------

I haven't seen any threads on this on here, and I'm curious what your experience was was it. I'm considering it but don't want to try it until others have tried and given it a good review.

The "patch" made LTE faster but it made my phone "useless" in that it had issues switching from LTE to 4G seamlessly for phone calls. In addition, since it is trying to maintain an LTE connection constantly my battery life was affected and I get service issues where 4G is a better signal than LTE. Worst of all, I am getting missed calls...people claim that they tried calling me but my phone shows no calls. The phone isn't switching to 4G fast enough/properly to answer the calls.

I am so happy I was able to revert back to the old files. Thanks @nwmtnbiker!

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011
The "patch" made LTE faster but it made my phone "useless" in that it had issues switching from LTE to 4G seamlessly for phone calls. In addition, since it is trying to maintain an LTE connection constantly my battery life was affected and I get service issues where 4G is a better signal than LTE. Worst of all, I am getting missed calls...people claim that they tried calling me but my phone shows no calls. The phone isn't switching to 4G fast enough/properly to answer the calls.

Thanks for the info, glad I didn't try it, more hassle than it's worth. When I had Android I used to change radio firmware, and there were always issues like that. I realized that there was a reason AT&T releases their own version. Control, but stability.

jayjay12

macrumors newbie
May 30, 2013
YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER!!! Thank you!!! I was able to just replace all the files that you sent me with PhoneView in advanced mode and my phone is back to normal.

----------

That is so strange! I did what the directions said it left my phone useless: "No Service" and under the settings the modem version, carrier, and all of that data was missing.

----------

Hey imac9556, I'm stuck with this problem! Instead of No Service it just says "Searching..." and there's no info under modem version and carrier. How did you use those files to fix your carrier issue? I actually reinstalled the hack just so I could connect with AT&T :( If you could walk me through how you fixed it I'd greatly appreciate it!

qzxyu

macrumors member
May 7, 2011
Anaheim, CA
I tried it - iPhone 5 with AT&T LTE - it actually diminished my LTE speeds.
I reverted after 1 day.

Can you explain how to revert. I'm a newb and I can't revert. I managed to delete all my carrier bundles and now have no carrier at all. I have I file on a jail broken iPhone 5 and I use an I Mac. Any help is greatly appreciated as I don't want to lose my jail real and start over.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community

qzxyu

macrumors member
May 7, 2011
Anaheim, CA
If you have decent to good service already do not do this. It dropped me from around 12-15 to about 2-3mbps and reverting is much tougher then the original hack.

apollo1444

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2011
mexico
one does not simply mod carrier files without glitches...

I learned that lesson well I always recommend people not to mod these files like when the unnofficial LTE T mobile one surfaced. it creates more harm than good

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2004
Hey imac9556, I'm stuck with this problem! Instead of No Service it just says "Searching..." and there's no info under modem version and carrier. How did you use those files to fix your carrier issue? I actually reinstalled the hack just so I could connect with AT&T :( If you could walk me through how you fixed it I'd greatly appreciate it!

Hey sorry I didn't see this post until now. After reading the thread it appears that someone has posted the original bundle on that website. Did it work for you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.