Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old May 21, 2013, 07:20 AM   #1
Vito Botta
macrumors newbie

Can't change default email reader

Hi!

I have used Sparrow for a while as email reader, but I decided to go back to Mail for a number of reasons. However, changing the email reader in Mail's preferences has somehow stopped working, i.e. I set the default email reader, I quit and restart Mail, and Sparrow is still there set as default email reader. In fact, if I try for example to share a page via email with Safari, it launches Sparrow, not Mail.

I have tried deleting all folders concerning Mail that I am aware of, that is ~/Library/Application Support/Mail, ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail, and ~/Library/Mail, so to set up Mail once again, but the problem persists.

Any idea of what could be the cause of the problem?
Thanks in advance for your help!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion