Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old May 21, 2013, 04:56 PM   #1
MacAPOL
macrumors member

I finally sold my iPad Mini

Hello guys. Well, a month ago i was deciding if i should change my Mini for an iPad 4. The problem was the mini was the screen size and resolution. I do a lot of Web surfing and i make presentations on university with it. So for me the iPad Mini was not the best choice.

After struggling with my mind i sold the Mini and bought today the 4. Couldn't be happier. The Mini is a great device but for me the 9.7 inches of the 4 are just perfect. And for me it has the same portability of the Mini, because i just put it inside my bag. Also the retina display is a pleasure to read on. Best decision ever.

Thank you!!!
Old May 21, 2013, 08:22 PM   #2
tazz3
macrumors regular

Congrats, i just got the ipad4 awesome tablet.the mini is to small.
tazz3 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2013, 08:22 PM   #3
nStyle
macrumors 6502a

I had the 4, a Mini, and an IP5.

I am now down to just the 4 and IP5. I don't know why I even bothered with the Mini... it was just too much overlap and I didn't really use it.

Seeing as how the IP5 does 100% of what a Mini will do, it just doesn't make sense, and I see you have an IP5 as well.

The 4 is amazing and I don't even think I'd replace it with the 5 even if they get rid of the bezel, even though it will definitely be sexy.
nStyle is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 09:29 AM   #4
teerexx52
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to teerexx52
Had my mini for several months and am now selling it as well. Already bought an ipad 4. Happy to be back to more real estate and the retina screen. Was a tough decision but the mini screen just did not make it for me. Will miss it's form factor though.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:17 AM   #5
dwd3885
macrumors 68010

just curious why you guys are selling the Mini? Is it because you already have the iPad 4? I just sold my Nexus 7 to wait for the new Nexus but when none was announced at IO I decided to try out the iPad Mini. Seems great...
dwd3885 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 11:22 AM   #6
Harmonious Zen
macrumors regular

I'm thinking about this too, but not to get another iPad. There's just so much overlap with my iPhone 5 and my iPad mini. The extra screen real estate is nice, but I don't find myself using my iPad all that much.
Harmonious Zen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 12:13 PM   #7
TouchMint.com
macrumors 65816

Get a good price for it?

TouchMint.com is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 12:27 PM   #8
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmonious Zen View Post
I'm thinking about this too, but not to get another iPad. There's just so much overlap with my iPhone 5 and my iPad mini. The extra screen real estate is nice, but I don't find myself using my iPad all that much.
You had to have a reason to buy the Mini as well. Did something change after you bought it that you feel an overlap? Most everything on the Mini is great expect the screen for browsing though there are alternates, a different browser or maybe just use landscape. Is this one of the reasons as well?
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 10:46 PM   #9
Harmonious Zen
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleRobert View Post
You had to have a reason to buy the Mini as well. Did something change after you bought it that you feel an overlap? Most everything on the Mini is great expect the screen for browsing though there are alternates, a different browser or maybe just use landscape. Is this one of the reasons as well?
I think the mini is a great device, it's just that my iPhone 5 is just as great and fits in my pocket. So for instance, I'm on the couch watching TV now and surfing on Macrumors. What am I using? My iPhone. Why? Because it's always on me. And for this reason and this reason alone, my iPad gets a lot less use. If the iPad did something the iPhone couldn't, then maybe things would be different
Harmonious Zen is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2013, 11:02 PM   #10
Applefanboy8153
macrumors regular

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAPOL View Post
Hello guys. Well, a month ago i was deciding if i should change my Mini for an iPad 4. The problem was the mini was the screen size and resolution. I do a lot of Web surfing and i make presentations on university with it. So for me the iPad Mini was not the best choice.

After struggling with my mind i sold the Mini and bought today the 4. Couldn't be happier. The Mini is a great device but for me the 9.7 inches of the 4 are just perfect. And for me it has the same portability of the Mini, because i just put it inside my bag. Also the retina display is a pleasure to read on. Best decision ever.

Thank you!!!
And so......we are supposed to do what???
Old May 22, 2013, 11:28 PM   #11
puma1552
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applefanboy8153 View Post
And so......we are supposed to do what???
suffer through reading this like how the mini owners crap all over the full size ipad every day here?
puma1552 is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 09:02 AM   #12
AppleRobert
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
suffer through reading this like how the mini owners crap all over the full size ipad every day here?
Funny thing is put the Mini's specs on an android tablet at this stage of the game and very few would buy it regardless it has nice size and weight.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 09:14 AM   #13
pooleman
macrumors 65816

I dont understand all the iPad Mini hate. I love my Mini. I returned the iPad 4 several days after buying it and got the mini. Its easier to carry, the screen is fine, it fits in the car great and is the perfect size for GPS. I love it.
Old May 23, 2013, 09:28 AM   #14
JaySoul
macrumors 6502a

I really want an iPad Mini with Retina. I can imagine me using it a lot more than my iPad 3.

Saying that, I'm interesting in what Google has coming up with the new Nexus.
JaySoul is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 09:31 AM   #15
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

That is super! I love the iPad!!!11!!! You will be so happy. Retina is the way to go! I only have the iPad 3, but I do want a mini, with Retina.
Old May 23, 2013, 09:35 AM   #16
aixporter
macrumors member

Send a message via ICQ to aixporter Send a message via MSN to aixporter Send a message via Yahoo to aixporter Send a message via Skype™ to aixporter
Quote:

Thank you!!!
I second that. Just sold my iPad Mini on eBay and traded in for an iPad 4 + 100 dollars.

The portability with the mini was great... but has serious productivity issues in screen real estate. If you're just reading books / watching videos its totally fine. But when you want to write a decent email it gets really eye straining..
Old May 23, 2013, 04:07 PM   #17
johndallas999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
I dont understand all the iPad Mini hate. I love my Mini. I returned the iPad 4 several days after buying it and got the mini. Its easier to carry, the screen is fine, it fits in the car great and is the perfect size for GPS. I love it.
That screen is a step backwards for sure on the mini.
johndallas999 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 04:19 PM   #18
roland.g
macrumors 603

Do you think you're making a bold statement?
Old May 23, 2013, 04:22 PM   #19
Mr Kram
macrumors 65816

i prefer the regular ipad in most instances, but my kids love the mini because it's easier to handle.
Old May 23, 2013, 11:28 PM   #20
Bckrupps
macrumors newbie

^^^that's what she said
Bckrupps is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 08:03 AM   #21
Hello...
macrumors 6502a

sold mine as well, lucky i bought a 16 wifi, the sent me a 16 ATT so recouped all my 330.00 with the sale. waiting for the ipad mini 2 or the iPad 5.
Hello... is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 09:58 AM   #22
Skika
macrumors 68020

Quote:

Thank you!!!
Why is your post in bold, italic and in center format?

Last edited by Skika; May 26, 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Skika is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 10:02 AM   #23
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skika View Post
Why is your post in bold and in center format?
Why do you use apple icons in you signature? Are you worried people won't know that the MacBook and iPhone aren't Apple devices?
Old May 26, 2013, 10:22 AM   #24
Solomani
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleman View Post
I dont understand all the iPad Mini hate.
And I don't understand all the iPad 4 hate.
Solomani is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 12:01 PM   #25
Hello...
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomani View Post
And I don't understand all the iPad 4 hate.
I loved mine just waiting for the next big thing!
Hello... is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Tags
ipad, mini, retina