Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wiredsc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
England
Im after the adapter to fit into my 800MHz powerPC G4 to VGA.

I have looked in my manual, but it just says apple vga adapter. My mate gave me the one he got with his 15" powerbook but the miniDVI plug does not fit in the socket. I can't find what I need on the apple store, because they don't seem to know about my mac any more, plus I still have no idea what sort of socket this is.

Anyone know the answer and the cheapest place to get one soon?

Thanks

wiredsc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
England
Its for the powerPC G4, the socket is slightly smaller than the miniDVI plug that came with the powerbook. its very similar to a firewire socket only horizontal. I thought a standard DVI socket is much larger?

wiredsc

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 23, 2004
England
wiredsc said:
Its for the powerPC G4, the socket is slightly smaller than the miniDVI plug that came with the powerbook. its very similar to a firewire socket only horizontal. I thought a standard DVI socket is much larger?

I do believe I may have found it http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore.woa/90101/wo/xd4a0mwJ088V37WUTN319X2EHbs/5.0.17.1.0.8.25.7.11.1.3, it's slightly different to the one I have, and does seem similar to a usb which indicates it may be the one, it's compatible with iMac flat panel which I assume is mine, although I cant check because the search engine on the site doesn't seem to pick them up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.