Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iyahya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
in my mac already installed mac os x snow leopard the i installed mac os x lion

in another partition after that i removed os x snow leopard so i want to merge

the partition.

Note: the first partition is empty and the second is what i'm using the operating system on

see the pic:

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
First:
1. Make a backup.
2. Check the backup's integrity.

Then, in Disk Utility:
1. Delete the partition you no longer want. (Click to select it, then click the "minus" button at the bottom).
2. Use the little drag handle in the corner of the remaining partition to drag it to the full size of the disk and click Apply.

iyahya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
i didn't work coz the partition i want to keep is the second one so i can't use the hand to drag the partition

ActionableMango

macrumors G3
Sep 21, 2010
It shouldn't be a "second" partition unless you forgot to delete the other partition you don't want.

Did you do this step:

1. Delete the partition you no longer want. (Click to select it, then click the "minus" button at the bottom).

iyahya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
It shouldn't be a "second" partition unless you forgot to delete the other partition you don't want.

Did you do this step:

Yes i did it

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
i didn't work coz the partition i want to keep is the second one so i can't use the hand to drag the partition

Format partition one to Mac OS Extended. Then DL the free trial version of Carbon Copy Cloner and use that to clone P2 to P1. Now option key boot and select P1 to boot from. Then use Disk Util to remove P2 and expand P1 to fill the drive.

Lastly go into System Prefs and in Startup Disk set P1 as the boot volume.

iyahya

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 23, 2013
Format partition one to Mac OS Extended. Then DL the free trial version of Carbon Copy Cloner and use that to clone P2 to P1. Now option key boot and select P1 to boot from. Then use Disk Util to remove P2 and expand P1 to fill the drive.

Lastly go into System Prefs and in Startup Disk set P1 as the boot volume.

thanx my friend it helped alot

and thanx all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.