Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

toiday

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Not sure who to ask so I hope someone here may know the answer to this. I was looking to purchase a copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements 11. Amazon indicates the platform as Mac/Win. Does this mean it's licensed to use in both Mac AND Win, or, just Mac OR Win?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
It's kinda weird. I'm reading on the agreement found on their website that you can have it on two machines at the same time as long as they're both personally yours and you're not using them both at the same time. But then it says you can't use it on a dual boot setup later on:

Dual Boot Platform. The Software is licensed for use on a specific operating system platform.
Customer must purchase a separate license for use of the Software on each operating system platform.
By way of example, if Customer desires to install the Software on both the Mac OS and Windows
operating system platforms on a device that runs both of those platforms (i.e., a dual boot machine),
then Customer must first obtain two separate licenses for the Software. This is true even if two versions
of the Software, each designed for a different operating system platform, are delivered to Customer on
the same media.

http://www.adobe.com/products/eulas/pdfs/Gen_WWCombined-MULTI-20111031_1230.pdf

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.