Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m11rphy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Hi all,

I have an AirPort Extreme creating a wireless network to which I have connected an iMac MacBook and HP envy 110 wireless printer all connected wirelessly and all is working perfect.

However by grandad has the the exact same set up and the HP envy 110 wireless printer will not connect to the wireless network. The 2 Macs are working fine and can connect to the Internet ect.

We have checked the settings on airport utility and his and mine setup is matching correctly. We even tried using a different router in his setup in place of the AirPort Extreme and both macs and printer could connect so I know the printer is not at fault. We have reset the AirPort Extreme and updated the the firmware but the printer will still not connect.

Has anyone had a similar problem or have any suggestions to get this working ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance

AlexMaximus

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
A400M Base
I have that exact printer

I have that printer too. Unfortunately HP had some small glitches when they released the printer, especially the early ones. When you check out the HP driver webpage, you will find a firmware upgrade of that printer as well.

Out of the blue, I would do a blind diagnose and tell you, check the firmware of both printers. I am sure they are different.

Important: Before you do the firmware upgrade, make sure you read in the internet about that problem. Many people posted issues with that as far as I remember.

Check your firmware and let us know if that fixed it.

:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.