Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JonL12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2012
I want to drag and drop an image onto an Automator application. This will create two image files, each of different size and filename.

How would you go about that?

I can do it with one file ok, but not sure how to create the two different sizes.

Thanks,

Jon

kryten2

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2012
Belgium
I want to drag and drop an image onto an Automator application. This will create two image files, each of different size and filename.

How would you go about that?

I can do it with one file ok, but not sure how to create the two different sizes.

Thanks,

Jon

Use variables. Example working on Leopard :

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    284.8 KB · Views: 192
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 119

JonL12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2012
Thanks very much for that! I will have a play around with it. Not quite sure how variables work with automator yet but I'm sure it will make more sense when I run through a few examples.

Automator is one of the big appeals of OSX. I hope they keep adding features to it. Do they tend to add features with each OSX upgrade or has it remainded static for years? When was it introduced?

JonL12345

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2012
It would be nice if it had a few more webpage features, like being able to log into sites, click links etc.

kryten2

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2012
Belgium
It would be nice if it had a few more webpage features, like being able to log into sites, click links etc.

Perhaps that functionality will be added in the next OS X upgrade. I highly doubt it but one can only hope. If you want to do that now I suggest you take a look at Applescript GUI scripting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.