Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Hi,

I have a MacBook 4,1 (Early 2008) that I have installed Windows 8 on and everything is working fine except I can't get Bluetooth to work so I can use my Apple Wireless Keyboard. I know my MacBook is not officially supported by Apple to use BootCamp past Windows 7, but I was hoping somebody out there has found a possible workaround to get Bluetooth working on an unsupported MacBook such as mine in Windows 8. Everything else works great driver wise.

Any suggestions or other help?

Thanks

Last edited:

parapup

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2006
Most likely a driver issue. May be try installing the BootCamp 4.x Windows 7 Bluetooth drivers and see if they work. (Most Win7 drivers should be compatible with Win 8 but YMMV.)

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
I tried installing the Windows 7 Bluetooth drivers for my system and had no success unfortunately. I'm probably out of luck since my MacBook is not supported by Mountain Lion either and I think the proper drivers would be downloaded by BootCamp Assistant in Mountain Lion if my system were officially supported.

MacReloaded

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2007
Canada
You'll need AppleBluetoothEnablerInstaller.exe or AppleBluetoothEnablerInstaller64.exe from the Boot Camp 4.0 drivers. It's not in 4.1+.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
OK I took a shot in the dark and re-downloaded the BootCamp Drivers for my system through BootCamp Assistant in Lion on my MacBook. I couldn't run the actual Setup.exe file in Windows 8, so I clicked on each driver installation file in the Apple folder to get the Bluetooth driver to install and it finally did! I am typing this using my Apple Wireless Keyboard using Bluetooth under Windows 8!

My Magic Trackpad is working too, oh and my iSight camera driver installed also.

So some advice for anyone having trouble with BootCamp drivers installing should go back and re-download them again to make sure they have the latest drivers for their system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.