Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thedo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Not sure when this started happening, but every time I eject certain (not all) USB devices (Android phone, USB HDD for time machine) the keyboard stop working. I've got suspicions for software suspects - the recent update happened just before I had the problem, and just before that I installed Parallels. I'm guessing its either one of those things or a hardware problem. The only button that works is the power button.

Is there any way to diagnose this? On Windows I'd probably look in event viewer to get my first clue. Is there anything I can do to start diagnosing this (or is it a common problem - I've searched for it on google, but the search results are largely irrelevant).

Any help appreciated.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Yes, and it's fairly easy and fast to do.

Create a new User Account, restart and login into that Account, is the issue gone, if so the normal User Account has issues.

Or

Hold down the Shift key instantly after logging into your (normal) Account, is the issue gone, if yes one of your Login Items is causing this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.