Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old May 25, 2013, 07:45 PM   #1
JustOneQuickONe
macrumors 6502

Coverbot case - If you're looking for thin

So I've been on a LONG search for the right bumper. One that is narrow, thin but not paper thin, and good quality. I may have found that bumper. I recently bought a coverbot bumper off amazon and so far it seems pretty good. The case has a similar to the spigen bumpers, a rubber "under bumper" and a plastic frame that goes on top of that.

Advantages: Thin, narrow, but feels solid enough to protect against a normal drop (nothing drastic like using your phone as a frisbee, though ). It has a good feel to it, similar to holding the actual phone. Shiny finish, not much grip, but this (for me) isn't an issue. Great looks! The buttons work well, too. Decent back lay on the table design.

Disadvantages: Buttons are rubber, not metal. Not much face lay on the table design (does have a tiny bit). Nothing else I can think of...

here is a comparison of the thicknesses. On the left is the coverbot, the right is the iBlason of amazon

JustOneQuickONe is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 08:47 PM   #2
ip4
macrumors newbie

Do the sides of the case pull away easily, or are they stiff?
ip4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2013, 09:21 PM   #3
Warcake
macrumors regular

their aluminum bumper looks pretty slick as well, and is under 20 bucks. thanks for reminding me of this brand.
Warcake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 10:11 AM   #4
JustOneQuickONe
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by ip4 View Post
Do the sides of the case pull away easily, or are they stiff?
They pull away a little, but not a whole lot. This could change with time though, we'll see.
JustOneQuickONe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2013, 09:29 PM   #5
ip4
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOneQuickONe View Post
They pull away a little, but not a whole lot. This could change with time though, we'll see.
Ok thanks, I might order it.... I currently have the spigen neo hybrid ex and the only thing that annoys me about it is how much the sides pull away.
ip4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2013, 06:32 PM   #6
codyst
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOneQuickONe View Post
Scared of it bending out of place?
Old May 29, 2013, 02:52 PM   #7
JustOneQuickONe
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyst View Post
Scared of it bending out of place?
no, i don't think that'll be an issue. I did come across another negative though. My headphones jack doesn't fit in with this case on. It'll fit apple headphones and similar sized jacks, but mine it a little too big. Easy fix though with an extension cable of my dental drill haha
JustOneQuickONe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories