Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Ok I found this out by googling Ajax which I found that under Wired under and RSS Feed. Ajax I guess is a web programming component that is supported by many browsers. It uses XML, XHTML, and CSS I think I read. Now here's the thing.
EyeOS is an Internet Browser OS - say again? - you use an Internet Browser to setup the OS and then you just run the OS in the web browser. I'm going to look at the Code here in a minute and see what they did. Google EyeOS if you want to download it and try it. If you guys want I can setup a server so that you can test it out for real online. Otherwise I'll put a tutorial on here for how to set all of it up.

Now the next one I found (I found all the info on this stuff on the Wikipedia. I'll link it here in a sec) is FlyakiteOSX. It changes your whole XP environment to mimic Mac OS X. Google it. It looks awesome, but still no where close near XP.

Now here's the link I told you guys about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX or a list of Apps that use Ajax: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_websites_using_Ajax etc. etc. Just search through there.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I've seen FlyakiteOSX before. EyeOS though is very cool. I Googled it and found a link to a working OS. It's cool! The future of the web it looks like.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Here's how I think things like those will change what we do now. Instead of having an OS like Mac OS X and Windows, we just turn on our computer and it connects to a Web OS. From that we run/load any programs we want from what we've bought online. Now this won't happen until there is at least Gigabit ethernet running throughtout the world.

Think industry will follow there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.