Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
I've had my Belkin Thunderbolt dock for a few weeks now.

Every 3 or 4 days, the USB ports on the dock would randomly disconnect my peripherals (mouse, keyboard, USB drive). I have to restart the computer to get it working again.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

jmill155

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2013
Virginia beach, VA
I've had my Belkin Thunderbolt dock for a few weeks now.

Every 3 or 4 days, the USB ports on the dock would randomly disconnect my peripherals (mouse, keyboard, USB drive). I have to restart the computer to get it working again.

Is anyone else experiencing similar problems?

I was about to get the thunderbolt dock...please let me know if you resolve this issue

PJM82

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2013
United Kingdom
I would start working this through with Belkin technical support now. Maybe with the huge delays for this product not everything was solved.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
I would start working this through with Belkin technical support now. Maybe with the huge delays for this product not everything was solved.

Are you using a Belkin dock by any chance? If so, are you have any trouble with it?

PJM82

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2013
United Kingdom
Are you using a Belkin dock by any chance? If so, are you have any trouble with it?

Not me no, but one of my colleagues had an issue with anything staying connected to his 15 rMBP via this dock. He has simply returned it. Belkin have had reasonable customer services in the past when I've had issues with some of their higher end KVMs.

Let us know how you get on with Belkin if you decide to stick with it.

hehe299792458

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2008
Not me no, but one of my colleagues had an issue with anything staying connected to his 15 rMBP via this dock. He has simply returned it. Belkin have had reasonable customer services in the past when I've had issues with some of their higher end KVMs.

Let us know how you get on with Belkin if you decide to stick with it.

Did his devices not connect at all or did they disconnect after a few days (like mine)?

I used a Late 2011 MBP if anyone's interested. Running 10.8.3 with the latest updates (including the thunderbolt update) installed.

Actually, I am a bit suspicious about that last thunderbolt update. I know it was supposed to increase stability, but I only vbegan to have problems after I installed that update.

But then again, I only had my dock for 2-3 days before I installed the update, so there was not enough time to tell

PJM82

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2013
United Kingdom
Did his devices not connect at all or did they disconnect after a few days (like mine)?

I used a Late 2011 MBP if anyone's interested. Running 10.8.3 with the latest updates (including the thunderbolt update) installed.

Actually, I am a bit suspicious about that last thunderbolt update. I know it was supposed to increase stability, but I only vbegan to have problems after I installed that update.

But then again, I only had my dock for 2-3 days before I installed the update, so there was not enough time to tell

It was last week and things would randomly disconnect. It didn't seem to take days. He has no patience so it was gone. I suppose if I had spent that money on a dock I wouldn't be too happy either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.