Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cris123456789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2013
So my imac G5 recently came upon the flashing folder icon. I realized it was most likely a failure in the hardrive and replaced it. I got a copy of a startup disk and inserted it and tried to boot but i have a feeling its not recgnizing the keyboard and now it wont eject the disk. What can i do?

rabidz7

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2012
Ohio
So my imac G5 recently came upon the flashing folder icon. I realized it was most likely a failure in the hardrive and replaced it. I got a copy of a startup disk and inserted it and tried to boot but i have a feeling its not recgnizing the keyboard and now it wont eject the disk. What can i do?

Is your keyboard wireless?

cris123456789

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2013
Iwas able to get the disk out but now my problem is that its's not booting into any mode that lets me boot form the disk, no th keyboard is usb

g4manimac

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2013
Arkansas
I just had this problem with a mac mini and from what I read you need to have an original apple keyboard for this to work,and I think wireless wont work no matter what (I THINK)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.