Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swenniels

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 27, 2013
Hi,

I´m rather new to Visual basic macro programming, but I have a complicated (as it seems to me) macro to make and I hope I get some help here... I am using Word for Mac 2011 on a MacBook PRO 2010 and I´m a therapeut writing all the symptoms of my patients in Microsoft Word. Let´s say a patient has these 3 symptoms:

1) Headache twice a week, throbbing, better lying down

2) eczema right wrist on touching soap

3) Asthmatic respiration each time he gets in contact with cats

Each time the patient comes, I want to ask him about all 3 symptoms. What I did so far, is the following (these steps I would like to have a macro done):

I split my window, in the upper part I see the last follow-up with the patient, in the lower part, I write the actual follow-up. Let´s say the last follow up was the following:

Headache twice a week, throbbing, better lying down? better, only every 2 weeks

eczema right wrist on touching soap? still the same

Asthmatic respiration each time he gets in contact with cats? no more problems dealing with cats

For today´s follow-up I would like to have a macro that helps me do the following:

1) go to upper part of split window

2) copy the first symptom including the question mark showing that this is a question I ask the patient (which is in this example: Headache twice a week, throbbing, better lying down?)

3) Go to lower part of the split window and past the symptom

Here the macro stops and I can write whatever the patient tells me about his headache. When we have finished talking about the headache, I would like to make the makro run again which should make the following:

1) go to upper part of split window

2) copy the next symptom including the question mark (which is in this example: eczema right wrist on touching soap?)

3) Go to lower part of the split window and past the symptom

etc etc until we come to the last symptom. When coming to the last symptom, I would like the macro to write "ASS:" for Assessment in the lower part of the window.

That´s it... I think it should work with bookmarks I set at the beginning and the end of each symptoms the very first time. But I don´t know how to get started... the macros I made so far, are macros I recorded, so I din´t have to programme them. But this macro I cannot do it programming... so can anybody help me - would be great, since the way I do all this now (about 100 times a day) is: I copy each symptom manually in the upper window and paste it in the lower window, which is a big loss of time...

Thanks a lot, swenniels

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.