Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
My dual 1.25 GHz G4 has been acting up lately and I'm thinking it might be temperature related.

The CPU is around 134-135 after its been on a while
The Harddrives are 97 and 100

These temps are °F

I was wondering if anyone else with this type of machine could tell me what their temps are.

Thanks,

D

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Hey, I don't really know what this app is but Daystar sent me a disc for my upgraded CPU'ed Tibooks from them that regulates CPU and I think heat usage on OS9 and OSX. Comes on disc. Got two. I'd share with Mad Jew or a moderator if you could explain to me what exactly this thing does.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
California, is it called MAChSpeed Control? If that's it, it's a pretty advanced app that lets you customise (configure, test & monitor) all sorts of things to do with your CPU. I think it's really for the over clocker. At an RRP of $20, you might be able to sell it to someone with a G4 tower in the Marketplace if you want to. :)

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
mad jew said:
California, is it called MAChSpeed Control? If that's it, it's a pretty advanced app that lets you customise (configure, test & monitor) all sorts of things to do with your CPU. I think it's really for the over clocker. At an RRP of $20, you might be able to sell it to someone with a G4 tower in the Marketplace if you want to. :)

Oh yeah, that's what it is. I didn't have any idea what it was. Cool. Just wish I was smart enough to use it.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
mad jew said:

Well Mad Jew, I dove in and installed one of the discs on my iBook because I don't have the Tibook right now that Daystar upgraded. OH MY GOD. This app actually SPEEDS UP my iBook 1.33mhz with 1.25gb ram. I mean, I can see and feel the difference. Yikes.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You can't be serious. :eek:

Good stuff, I didn't actually have any faith in it. I thought it'd be like those pop ups I used to get in Windows telling me about apps that can "increase your internet connection".

I hope it doesn't do anything to the longevity of the machine though. Does it feel like it's running hotter? :)

Oh, and thanks for the feedback. This is interesting stuff. :)

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
mad jew said:
You can't be serious. :eek:

Good stuff, I didn't actually have any faith in it. I thought it'd be like those pop ups I used to get in Windows telling me about apps that can "increase your internet connection".

I hope it doesn't do anything to the longevity of the machine though. Does it feel like it's running hotter? :)

Oh, and thanks for the feedback. This is interesting stuff. :)

No, the pdf file description says that it smoothes out some of the ways the g3 and g4 machines work. Don't ask me how. But it is noticable. And no, not hotter. My fan has never come on in this iBook purchased in August and it's been running the app for a half hour now - nada.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.