Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old May 28, 2013, 12:50 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

Olloclip Creates Photo App to Complement Its 3-in-1 Lens Accessory

Olloclip has released an official iPhone app to go with its popular 3-in-1 lens adapter.

It includes a number of shooting modes that can enhance or fix the distortions the Olloclip's lenses cause, as well as make it easier to shoot photos and video by manually controlling both exposure and focus.
Quote:
FEATURES

Mesh Editor Tool - Conversion lenses can add an interesting curvature to your photos. Once the photo has been taken, use the Mesh Editor tool to adjust this effect.

Video Mode - This mode allows you to shoot comfortably and easily while using your olloclip to transform your field of view.

Normal Mode - Maximize on your olloclip lens system by using Normal Mode to capture your favorite images.

Macro Mode - Use Macro Mode to help set your focus when using the olloclip macro 10X lens.

Reticles - Use the reticles to adjust focus and exposure independently or together. Tap the icon to lock the two on any point on your viewfinder screen.
Olloclip is a free download for the iPhone. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Olloclip Creates Photo App to Complement Its 3-in-1 Lens Accessory
MacRumors is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 12:58 PM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

Makes me want a Olloclip even more now.
GoCubsGo is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Parasprite
macrumors 65816

I ought to get one just for the macro lens, the iPhone has a great camera for general use but it is really hit-or-miss with close-up shots.

In fact, it was good enough to replace my Rebel XS*!

*Disclaimer: I mean that a cell phone's camera is finally not too crappy to replace most of that functionality for me. I got bored of trying to be an serious photographer long before I got an iPhone so it was really just overkill.
Parasprite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 03:37 PM   #4
Mike Oxard
macrumors 6502a

There was already an app that did this called OlloCorrect, but OlloClip forced them to remove it from the App Store. I love my OlloClip but I'm not keen on the companies tactics.
http://www.hilolens.com/OlloCorrect/
Mike Oxard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 06:53 AM   #5
Tha Professor
macrumors regular

Wow 70 bucks seems steep for this.. Anyone has experience with it? What is the 35mm equivalent focal length of the wide angle lens?
Tha Professor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 02:03 PM   #6
Mustafa
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Professor View Post
Wow 70 bucks seems steep for this.. Anyone has experience with it? What is the 35mm equivalent focal length of the wide angle lens?
There are much cheaper copies from China. I've got both. My advice -- start with the cheaper ones. You're probably not expecting Leica Summilux quality anyway.
Mustafa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 02:16 PM   #7
Ifti
macrumors 65816

I've reviewed the Olloclip lens in my youtube channel - link in sig - in case you are interested in what the lens is all about and how it works etc!

Alternatively, 4th post down in this thread....
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthre...197837&page=12
iPhone 6+ / TC / Lacie TB2 20TB
Ifti is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion