Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I tried starting up my iBook running 10.1.5 with a Jaguar CD witch I had copied (please dont ask thats not the important thing) Well it didnt startup from it so It started up from the HD like it usualy would, now in my System Prefrences most of the icons are gone! Like: Desktop and Dock. Why did this happen!? Can I fix it? Please I need help!

Steradian

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2002
San Jose
maybe it is

How did you create the boot disc, if you created it incorrectly then it is most likly the culprit. If this is not the case, move on and buy jag :) j/k. It could be that perhaps you used the wrond cd, i believe that thier is a slight differance between the "normal' copy and the labtop version atleast i think so... i hope i was at least moderately helpfull...

PowerBook G4 1ghz

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
The disc was setup onto 20mb segments then it was put togeather and the folder was burned as a CD. thats how I did it, so it seems the CD doesn't have software to startup though it should. I know this is a sensitive subject so I won't go into any more detail. I don't wanna turn this into some WAREZ thread, I don;t want to make arn unhappy.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
okay so am i correct in thinking that you did not actually get anything installed? it's tremendously difficult to actually copy a jag CD, there's a small partition of data that has to be kept intact and is hardly ever actually ripped when people stick it up on servers. Anyway, if you didn't install anything, i don't understand anything that would cause this... i don't know enough about X to know where the preference panels are actually kept. Try searching for files that were modified at that date and time, that's a good first step, you can probably find out what was modified...

:confused:
pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.