Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

analogcamera_icon.png
Realmac Software, part of the team behind the intuitive gesture-based to-do app Clear, today released Analog Camera -- an iOS version of 'Analog', a slick filter and border app for the Mac.

Like Clear, Analog Camera uses a gesture-based interface to navigate through a variety of filters and camera modes. Users can manually select combined exposure and focus by using a single tap on the camera, and can even select exposure and focus separately by using a two-finger tap.

The app takes only square shots, much like Instagram, and it supports saving images to the camera roll, email, Twitter, Facebook and Sina Weibo, as well as Instagram, Path and other photography apps.
Analog Camera is all about enabling you to do the most important things with your photos, as quickly as possible. Guided by the principles that we developed whilst building the revolutionary to-do list app Clear, Analog Camera features incredible filters and is unbelievably fun and easy to use. Analog Camera has been built with a strict focus on offering a fast, fun and simple experience that allows you to focus on creating beautiful photos.
Analog Camera is available for iPhone for $0.99 on the App Store [Direct Link] and a review is available at our sister site, AppShopper.

Article Link: Realmac Software Releases 'Analog Camera', A Touch-Based Photography App

CJK

macrumors member
Jun 29, 2007
The Mountain Empire
Seriously? Front page on both AI and MR?

All the press these guys get makes me wonder whether there's a quid pro quo arrangement somewhere. "Clear" is possibly the most overrated app of the last 2 years, and this is just another cr*ppy snapshot app filled with hipster filters.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Can we talk about how incredibly uninformative that video was?
This is likely a camera app I will pass on. I have a handful already, I'm over it.

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
Great, another camera app. One that cuts out pixels in order to produce square images for what? Market differentiation.

Solomani

macrumors 601
Sep 25, 2012
Slapfish, North Carolina
All the press these guys get makes me wonder whether there's a quid pro quo arrangement somewhere. "Clear" is possibly the most overrated app of the last 2 years, and this is just another cr*ppy snapshot app filled with hipster filters.

Important Front Page MacRumors news should be something like... what the Samsung CEO had for dinner while on vacation in Hawaii.

But not this.

larrybeo

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Chicago
Another Camera App?

Who keeps making these things? With plenty of GREAT camera apps that drop to free occasionally (load up your wishlist in appshopper!) why would someone pay anything for an app that's even simpler than the built in camera app?

My favorite camera app is Procam by Samer Azzam - it really has anything you can or can't think of that you would want your iPhone camera to do.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA

Couldn't agree more… still waiting for Clear to get reminders.

I WAS the one

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Orlando, FL
I need to say this. They nailed it! All the filters apps out there failed trying to be easy and useful. This time Realmac Software made a great way to snap, filter and share a photo even better than Instagram is.

SmileyBlast!

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
"Clear" is possibly the most overrated app of the last 2 years.
My sentiments exactly phrased.

Clear is not useful at all. It's not Clear and Flat its Fat and Obscure.
I bought it and never use it. :eek:

Let the Clear backlash begin! :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.