Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gymnastgirl987

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2013
hi, my friend dropped by an iphone 3gs that has some problems. it is jailbroken. it is updated to version 6.1.2. the touchscreen works at certain times. like:
on the lock screen, i can slide to unlock. i can also pull up the camera shortcut and take pictures, delete them, etc. the camera options are fully functionable. yet once i slide to unlock, nothing on the home screen works. it doesn't respond when i click apps, swipe, or anything. the only touch that works while on the home screen is i can pull down the notification bar but nothing in it responds. all of the buttons(lock, volume, home) work. i can double click the home button and click on an app and go into an app but it won't let me do anything past that because the screen is unresponsive once i get in an app.
i have opened up the screen and undid the connectors and redid them and it made no difference.

i am trying to fix this phone for my friend. any idea of what is wrong with it and how to fix it? the next thing i can think of is just to restore it.
thanks!:):):)

Last edited:

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
I'd think it's software, not hardware. Have you tried uninstalling all cydia apps/tweaks? Or, if your friend doesn't depend on the jailbreak, restore the phone as new...

Edit: oh wait, you probably can't remove cydia apps cause you can't navigate in cydia. Sorry. I'd try a restore then...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.