Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FloatingBones

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 19, 2006
I have a friend who's interested in automating management of his small roof construction business; I thought an iPad would be the natural platform for that. What recommendations do people have? Here are some needs:

1. Ability to photograph sections of a roof, annotate the photograph with its section on the roof, and upload/send copies of those images to the customer.

2. Ability to automate orders to local hardware stores.

3. Tools to manage estimates and manage punch lists.

A general construction management app would probably be overkill, but if it's easy to only use a subset of the app, that would be fine.

Also, what accessories would one recommend for use on the road and in the field? TIA.

Smeaton1724

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2011
Leeds, UK
1. Notability?

2. Use the browser?

3. Numbers and or pages?

Goodreader - Access cloud folders and various dropboxes. Support for PDF completion and storage as well as email.

I have a friend who's interested in automating management of his small roof construction business; I thought an iPad would be the natural platform for that. What recommendations do people have? Here are some needs:

1. Ability to photograph sections of a roof, annotate the photograph with its section on the roof, and upload/send copies of those images to the customer.

2. Ability to automate orders to local hardware stores.

3. Tools to manage estimates and manage punch lists.

A general construction management app would probably be overkill, but if it's easy to only use a subset of the app, that would be fine.

Also, what accessories would one recommend for use on the road and in the field? TIA.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.