Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dance again

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2013
I'm looking for a video capture card to record gameplay, can anyone recommend which is the best one?

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I'm looking for a video capture card to record gameplay, can anyone recommend which is the best one?

Another vote for Elgato Game Capture HD. I've been using it for my TV out article series (see the threads created by me here at MR in the last two months) and it's been GREAT.

For a Mac, it should be preferred. Do NOT fall prey to the cheap Chinese composite capturer knock-offs - they may be around $10..$20, but you will still need to purchase a $30 license for VideoGlide Capture on a Mac (unlike under Windows, where the bundled software is reported to work). And if you don't go the knock-off way, Elgato's old SD-only capturer costs around $50-60. And it's SD only and not HD - definitely less future-proof than the Elgato Game Capture HD, should you go HD some time even if you only have an SD console right now.

dance again

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2013
Sorry for the delayed response, thanks very much for your answers, Menneisyys2 in particular thanks for the info.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.