Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
I just got my new PowerMac today, and set it up and everything and couldnt resist a quick peak inside the case. It does look a little different in there :) noticed a big honking heatsink on the board that i dont remember seeing before.

Anyway the thing is at the bottom of the case there is a little sticker saying something along the lines of "If you see liquid, contact Apple Support".

Is that a generic "If you see strange liquid in your case PANIC!" or.... didnt the 2.7's have this written in them? I don't remember it being in my old 2.3 case. Maybe i just didnt see it. Do the new cooling systems involve heatpipes?

The system is a LOT quieter than the old 2.3 was. I have not heard the fans spin up high at all yet.

aussiemac86

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2004
the land of OZ
RobHague said:
I just got my new PowerMac today, and set it up and everything and couldnt resist a quick peak inside the case. It does look a little different in there :) noticed a big honking heatsink on the board that i dont remember seeing before.

Anyway the thing is at the bottom of the case there is a little sticker saying something along the lines of "If you see liquid, contact Apple Support".

Is that a generic "If you see strange liquid in your case PANIC!" or.... didnt the 2.7's have this written in them? I don't remember it being in my old 2.3 case. Maybe i just didnt see it. Do the new cooling systems involve heatpipes?

The system is a LOT quieter than the old 2.3 was. I have not heard the fans spin up high at all yet.

My dual 2.5GHz (Rev B) has that sticker on it, this was the first machine to have liquid cooling, the 2.7 had it as well, but i dont think the 2.3's had it. What model is your new PM? Enjoy it :)

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
RobHague said:

Which one did you get?

RobHague

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 8, 2005
That's the thing, i got the 2.3 Dual-Core. And it has that sticker in the corner. :confused:

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
RobHague said:
That's the thing, i got the 2.3 Dual-Core. And it has that sticker in the corner. :confused:

Hrrm...I though only the quads (according to MacWorld) were to be liquid cooled, but I did notice the water-cooled raditor-type fins on the website.

Call and ask. :D

aussiemac86

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2004
the land of OZ
RobHague said:

If you can post a pic showing what is behind the heatsink face plate. (i.e. take a pic at like a 45º from the front of the case looking into the case)
If it is still the same design as my PM it should show whether or not there is a radiator there or just a normal heat sink.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.