Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
So im in a little dilema at the moment. Currently i have a Mid 2012 13'' baseline macbook pro, the screen size just isn't cutting it and i have the opportunity to sell it. Now here is the tricky bit. Im currently awaiting the release of GTA 5 later this year, but am not willing to pay the suggested $600 for the new Xbox One. There is rumor of a Xbox Mini, a more casual gaming system like the Apple TV, rumoured to be cloud gaming style, something i would buy. Would i be better off....
1) Keeping my macbook pro, buying an external monitor, not knowing if the xbox mini will ever come out.
2) Buy a iMac 21.5 baseline, not knowing if the xbox mini will ever come out and if it does use a capture card/HD PVR or one of those converters that Belkin and Kanex make if they do make one for the 2012/13 imacs.
3) Buy a iMac 21.5 baseline, not knowing if the xbox mini will ever come out and if it does buy a second 21.5 inch screen from Dell.

What do you guys think is the best option, the reason i ask is because it is cheaper for me to sell my macbook pro, upgrade to the 21.5 inch than buying a external monitor, 8gb ram, mouse and a keyboard for the macbook pro. About $200 cheaper. Thanks in advance.

sinphase

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2013
I highly doubt that an xbox mini will come out. I would go with option one, it seems to be the cheapest and easiest. Make sure to get a monitor you like or that would be compatible with an imac should you choose to get one in the future and run dual monitors.

NbinHD

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I highly doubt that an xbox mini will come out. I would go with option one, it seems to be the cheapest and easiest. Make sure to get a monitor you like or that would be compatible with an imac should you choose to get one in the future and run dual monitors.

The first option is the most expensive because i have to buy the monitor now, with the others, i will only buy a monitor later for the imac if a xbox mini comes out.....

----------

I'd get the imac 27" with the 675mx. you'll love it for games

Tad expensive for a 15 year old, but i played with the idea.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.