Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doward

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2013
Seen the new 17" refresh? 'Razer Blade Pro' - man, they want so hard to be Apple.

Not a bad target, in my opinion. Haswell refresh with a GTX765M video card.

Now if they could just figure out how to do a proper lipo battery setup ;)

Mr MM

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2011
meh its a flop, if they actually put something better than the 14, it would be fine, currently its only the cpu that got a bump, the gpu is the same, the screen is on par with apple, it doesnt hold a candle to dell precision color or hp dream color2

Doward

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 21, 2013

LMAO, RC is showing through - lithium polymer, as I'm sure you know ;)

The 14" Razer is nice, but honestly, I'd go 13" MBP over it.

The 17" Razer Pro is the only thing on the market if you're wanting a *new* 17" MBP. Interesting to note that when Apple discontinued the 17" MBP, Razer's 17" sales to developers evidently took off (according to the CEO of Razer, anyway)

Mr MM

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2011
LMAO, RC is showing through - lithium polymer, as I'm sure you know ;)

The 14" Razer is nice, but honestly, I'd go 13" MBP over it.

The 17" Razer Pro is the only thing on the market if you're wanting a *new* 17" MBP. Interesting to note that when Apple discontinued the 17" MBP, Razer's 17" sales to developers evidently took off (according to the CEO of Razer, anyway)
I actually dont doubt that, specially after they started their development program, selling those 17 for a very hefty discount

Newfiejudd

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2010
Apple will just sue the hell out of Razer. They won't allow any competition to hurt those amazing profit margins. So if Apple see it has a threat they will sue, instead of trying to compete, I would bet some money on that.

Hell I bet they will pay for the lawyers with some Irish Apple money lol.. (I'm sure most won't get that joke)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.