Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Jun 2, 2013, 06:32 PM   #1
Howard54
macrumors member

System Software Update Will Not Install

I am running a Macbook Air with Mountain Lion. The App Center shows a Thunderbolt 1.2 software update for RAW 4.06 compatibility is available. The laptop downloads the update and then tries to restart, but instead of restarting it just shuts down and I have to restart it manually. When I do, the update is not installed and it still shows as available.

I have repeated the process several times with the same result. Is this a common issue with this update? Is it my Macbook? Any ideas how to resolve? Other software downloads seem to work fine.
Howard54 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2013, 06:47 PM   #2
Weaselboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard54 View Post
I am running a Macbook Air with Mountain Lion. The App Center shows a Thunderbolt 1.2 software update for RAW 4.06 compatibility is available. The laptop downloads the update and then tries to restart, but instead of restarting it just shuts down and I have to restart it manually. When I do, the update is not installed and it still shows as available.

I have repeated the process several times with the same result. Is this a common issue with this update? Is it my Macbook? Any ideas how to resolve? Other software downloads seem to work fine.
You have to be on AC power for this update to work.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Howard54
macrumors member

Thanks, that did the trick!
Howard54 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion