Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Has anyone else seen this article by the staff over at iDownloadBlog? The grainy picture seems pretty realistic of what Apple might be doing for iOS 7. Here is the link: http://bit.ly/17hBcJc

Fire away with your thoughts

[Update]: 9to5mac tweeted that this could possibly be a photo from a leaked early ALPHA version of iOS 7:

skitch.png

Last edited:

jbenkelman

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
iDownloadblog has gotten hold of a very blurry screenshot taken of an iPhone they claim is running iOS 7 and have recreated the icons using the screenshot as best they could.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2013/06/02/unified-ios-7-icons/

Probably fake, but thought I'd share anyway.

If it is fake...which there is a high chance of it being fake...they did a good job keeping it in line with what people think its going to look like.

The excitement continues. Thanks for the share.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
It looks like its supposed to be a screen shot of a legit phone but then why not just screenshot the actual phone etc.

That said, we'll know in a week but I'm not going to be shocked if they look basically the same as they do now but without the gradient backgrounds.

Last edited:

SamGabbay

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2011
That first "screenshot" seems to be more than out of proportion and proper angles.

Could be new "swipe" to the left effect to get to spotlight or widgets. :eek:

----------

It looks like its supposed to be a screen shot of a legit phone but then why not just screenshot the actual phone etc.

That said, we'll know in a week

Same thing happened last year with maps remember? BGR got a picture of the phone running the new maps, not an actual screenshot.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Could be new "swipe" to the left effect to get to spotlight or widgets. :eek:

----------

Same thing happened last year with maps remember? BGR got a picture of the phone running the new maps, not an actual screenshot.

Looks really wonky though. What's stopping someone from loading a Winterboard theme they made?

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
True. It does look similar to iMIUI

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple stole this idea from the jailbreak community. It wouldn't be the first time either: Notification Center, wireless syncing, lockscreen notifications, volume button used as shutter for camera, etc.

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
That looked horrible. But we said the same thing about the leaked iPhone 4/5...

Tar Sniffer

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2012
I hope this is real. The Camera, Messages and Music icon look fantastic. The only negative is the continuation of the sunflower Photos icon, and that Newsstand is still alive.

Does anyone else think the Game Centre icon looks like a gold coin going into a slot? Than again, maybe it's a gold medal, but I don't know what that black blob could be.

GoGa

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2012
9to5mac say this is an early alpha & lots has changed since then.

Last edited:

Bonestle

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2012
Darwin
IF this is legit, I think what we're looking at is a photo of a photo of an iPhone running the software. At first glance I was confused also but if you imagine someone sneaking a quick photo, showing it to someone... Once this process repeats a couple of times it kind of makes sense.

And IF this is legit, I quite like it. Its subtle and easy on the eye.
I've said before that Apple will still want a recognisable OS. Yes, they'll make some changes but not completely changing everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.