Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pail

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
I can't find any sort of post that helps me with this problem.

I just bought a used iPhone 4s off my friend. She had been using it with Verizon, but after she dropped it she decided to just get a brand new phone rather than use a broken one. She terminated it's service, and then I restored it to factory settings. Note that the phone was working just fine when she had it. Now, I've been trying to activate it myself with Page Plus. They entered the MEID number into their computer and asked me to dial *228, but all the phone does is just say "calling" for about 30 seconds before it ends the call with a pop up saying my phone isn't activated. It does that when I try to call *22890 as well. It'll say I have full bars of signal, then it'll go down to 2-3. The battery drains REALLY fast. I've tried resetting it, updating it, turning off data, ect. None of that makes any difference.

Also, it gets really hot.

Any ideas? ):

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
What's plus page? Go to settings > general > about and who's the carrier on that page?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.