Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChristopherBear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2013
hey
so does anyone know how to make keynote presentations even better??

like i want to make them brief, memorable and entrancing.
edit: the skateboard one is like, blocked??

i made one on how to relax thats a minute long but it's not as fluid as i visioned it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU4qXX3mMCA

how capable is keynote of making absolutely brilliant presnetations?? any tips are GREATLY appreciated

i love the simplicity i just want to unlock more greatness in it

thanks all

Last edited:

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Link has been blocked by YouTube. I would suggest reading the Keynote Help. You will learn a lot from it. I have done some really nice presentations both for work and personal use. If you have a design background it helps. If you need some inspiration, just do a search and see what others have done. Will give you a starting point. I have other programs that I can use that are far superior to Keynote, but sometimes Keynote is just right for the task at hand. Especially if I need it done quick. Lots of nice features and not a huge learning curve to it. One thing I have learned to use very well in Keynote is the transitions. I find the timing and type of transition you use are very key to doing a great presentation. Another plus to a good presentation, if you are using photos or video, is having high quality shots or footage. I hope my suggestions give you a starting point.

ChristopherBear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 22, 2013
Link has been blocked by YouTube. I would suggest reading the Keynote Help. You will learn a lot from it. I have done some really nice presentations both for work and personal use. If you have a design background it helps. If you need some inspiration, just do a search and see what others have done. Will give you a starting point. I have other programs that I can use that are far superior to Keynote, but sometimes Keynote is just right for the task at hand. Especially if I need it done quick. Lots of nice features and not a huge learning curve to it. One thing I have learned to use very well in Keynote is the transitions. I find the timing and type of transition you use are very key to doing a great presentation. Another plus to a good presentation, if you are using photos or video, is having high quality shots or footage. I hope my suggestions give you a starting point.

damn! its because of the song. i actually Need to fix that

anyways your advice has been very helpful

what im lookin is to make simple presentations to help people and hopefully one day in the future make presentations for things like work sort of

if you yourself have some stuff to share i'd love to see it

what else do you feel is extremely key to make a watchable/great presentation?

thanks for your help!

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
damn! its because of the song. i actually Need to fix that

anyways your advice has been very helpful

what im lookin is to make simple presentations to help people and hopefully one day in the future make presentations for things like work sort of

if you yourself have some stuff to share i'd love to see it

what else do you feel is extremely key to make a watchable/great presentation?

thanks for your help!

Another good point. Music can make a difference to. I try to use music to fit the theme of the presentation. Respond to my email and I will send you some zips.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.