Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

throwing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
can you guys tell if there's anything suspicious from my results?

com.manycamllc.driver.ManyCamDriver (0.0.9)

com.oracle.java.Helper-Tool
com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper
com.adobe.SwitchBoard
com.adobe.fpsaud

com.wacom.pentablet
com.adobe.CS5ServiceManager
com.valvesoftware.steamclean
com.spotify.webhelper
com.google.keystone.user.agent
com.adobe.AAM.Scheduler-1.0

com.adobe.AAM.Updater-1.0.plist
com.apple.AddressBook.ScheduledSync.PHXCardDAVSource.plist
com.apple.CSConfigDotMacCert-*******@me.com-SharedServices.Agent.plist
com.google.keystone.agent.plist
com.spotify.webhelper.plist
com.valvesoftware.steamclean.plist

MusicManager.prefPane

my computer has been slow and laggy for a while now and i don't know whats going on. i have to constantly reboot in order for it to not freeze up. also if you can suggest anything else i can do to check my system out from spyware or anything malicious going on, that'd be great! :D

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
What "results" are these, exactly?

Have you installed the sofware/hardware that these third-party filenames relate to?
Wacom tablet?
ManyCam camera?
Valve's Steam?
Adobe CS5?
Spotify?
MS Office?
Music Manager system preference?

There's nothing there that looks "wrong" or suspicious, but if you don't need/use these, then you should make sure that they are uninstalled.

Use Activity Monitor to see what's taking up all the CPU or RAM. Also, maker sure your disk is not too full.

"Slowness does not equal malware." It's perfectly possible for you to have malware that doesn't slow the machine down at all.

throwing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 3, 2013
What "results" are these, exactly?

Have you installed the sofware/hardware that these third-party filenames relate to?
Wacom tablet?
ManyCam camera?
Valve's Steam?
Adobe CS5?
Spotify?
MS Office?
Music Manager system preference?

There's nothing there that looks "wrong" or suspicious, but if you don't need/use these, then you should make sure that they are uninstalled.

Use Activity Monitor to see what's taking up all the CPU or RAM. Also, maker sure your disk is not too full.

well i ran across these commands from some thread on the apple support community to check for key logging because i've had some data compromised recently, and i was being paranoid. but then i ran into that google.keystone.user.agent result and decided to google it coming up with some stuff saying it was spyware and some results saying it was a google updater. which i think might be causing all this sloggishness from my macbook if it is.

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
well i ran across these commands from some thread on the apple support community to check for key logging because i've had some data compromised recently, and i was being paranoid. but then i ran into that google.keystone.user.agent result and decided to google it coming up with some stuff saying it was spyware and some results saying it was a google updater. which i think might be causing all this sloggishness from my macbook if it is.
Which Google software have you installed? As for the google.keystone.user.agent.plist file, you Google search should have found this webpage with instructions to disable the file.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
well i ran across these commands from some thread on the apple support community to check for key logging because i've had some data compromised recently, and i was being paranoid.

What were the commands?

What was the thread on Apple Support community?
I.e. post the URL.

What was the data that was compromised?
I'm not asking you to post the data, but simply describe it. For example, some people think that having the password of their GMail account compromised implies that their computer has been compromised. This isn't necessarily so. An online password can be compromised in any number of ways that have nothing to do with a key-logger (or any other malware) on one's computer.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
can you guys tell if there's anything suspicious from my results?

my computer has been slow and laggy for a while now and i don't know whats going on. i have to constantly reboot in order for it to not freeze up. also if you can suggest anything else i can do to check my system out from spyware or anything malicious going on, that'd be great! :D
If you're having performance issues on a Mac, malware is typically the last thing to suspect, not the first. Macs are not immune to malware, but no true viruses exist in the wild that can run on Mac OS X, and there never have been any since it was released over 10 years ago. The only malware in the wild that can affect Mac OS X is a handful of trojans, which can be easily avoided by practicing safe computing (see below). 3rd party antivirus apps are not necessary to keep a Mac malware-free, as long as a user practices safe computing, as described in the following link.

Read the What security steps should I take? section of the Mac Virus/Malware FAQ for tips on practicing safe computing.

The only way to get a keylogger on your Mac is to actively install it yourself, or give someone else access to your Mac to install it.

If you're having performance issues, this may help:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.