Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cloneofsnake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
What's your audio setup where multiple devices in the house (including non-Apple's) can easily play music?

elvahsiao

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2013
1011343_492913637458295_977110084_n.jpg
:D

RadDave

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2013
North Carolina
I found that the Panasonic A3 or A4 priced at $200 was the best I could find, by far, for speakers that run on Air Play. Air play beats blue tooth, hands down in my opinion.

Agree w/ the comment about Bluetooth (BT) vs. AirPlay (AP) - for my 'wireless' music in the house & 'on the road', I've used both standards - now I've not used AP but basically Wi-Fi based transmission which would be similar to the internet radio provider, Pandora which has worked fine for me using my Roku device & iPod Touch; also have BT headphones, portable travel speakers, and HDTV soundbar - BT from my iDevices to the soundbar at 20 ft are more provides intermittently poor audio; so be wary of using BT to span a distance of more than 20-30 ft.

NOW, a wireless sound technology that looks much more interesting w/ better quality, low latency, and more range is SKAA based on the PAW (Professional Audio Wireless) - also operates on the 2.4 GHz frequency band but w/ different parameters of transmission - more information HERE (also source of the table below) - unfortunately not much in terms of hardware is available for the home consumer market, BUT likely the future in 'wireless audio' - :)

Screen%20Shot%202013-08-05%20at%202.06.11%20PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.