Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 3, 2013, 05:57 PM   #1
iwasbored3
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb iOS 7 Notification Center Concept

Quick YouTube video of a notification center prototype I made for fun, even though it's not that realistic. What do you guys think?

Last edited by iwasbored3; Jun 6, 2013 at 10:32 AM.
iwasbored3 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2013, 07:25 PM   #2
5aga
macrumors 6502

Tbh while I prefer the current panel drawer I also like your concept. It opens up different possibilities
5aga is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2013, 08:19 AM   #3
Sirious
macrumors 6502

I really like the panoramic wallpaper!

I feel that your concept, while its very good, would be laggy on older devices like the iPhone 4. I like the sliding down method that we have right now, but I love the simplicity of yours.
Sirious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 08:06 AM   #4
jclardy
macrumors 68020

I don't quite get it...are you swiping up or just tapping on the top?

I kind of prefer the current way mainly because there isn't really any reason to leave part of the app showing if you can't interact with it. Also if it is a new gesture it could interfere with the currently running app...

Personally I want the canvas material background gone, swipe to dismiss and context aware app widgets (Music controls when a music app is running, runkeeper stats when RK is running, download info if you have an app downloading something in the background, timer widget when you set a timer, etc.) That would be the ideal notification center in my opinion.

Plus something better than the 20 pixel clear button that never works on the first tap...and then you have to hit it a second time.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:12 AM   #5
iwasbored3
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclardy View Post
I don't quite get it...are you swiping up or just tapping on the top?

I kind of prefer the current way mainly because there isn't really any reason to leave part of the app showing if you can't interact with it. Also if it is a new gesture it could interfere with the currently running app...

Personally I want the canvas material background gone, swipe to dismiss and context aware app widgets (Music controls when a music app is running, runkeeper stats when RK is running, download info if you have an app downloading something in the background, timer widget when you set a timer, etc.) That would be the ideal notification center in my opinion.

Plus something better than the 20 pixel clear button that never works on the first tap...and then you have to hit it a second time.
I actually agree with everything you just said. The idea here would have to be a swipe in from above the screen to open the panel, kind of like it's currently implemented in Mountain Lion's Notification Center, where you swipe from outside the touchpad from the right to open it.
iwasbored3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:16 AM   #6
seble
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwasbored3 View Post
YouTube URL of a quick prototype I made. Curious to see what people think:
http://youtu.be/YpBH761vCEg

How I want to see iOS 7's notification center. Aware it doesn't support all the latest rumors.
Not bad. What did you use to make it?
seble is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:23 AM   #7
iwasbored3
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seble View Post
Not bad. What did you use to make it?
Thanks

I used Quartz Composer and Photoshop.
iwasbored3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:24 AM   #8
blackhand1001
macrumors 68030

The way it opens isn't the issue. The lack of apps actually using it and putting important notifications in it is the issue.
Moto X Dev Edition (VZW) Nexus 7
blackhand1001 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:58 AM   #9
j0han
macrumors regular

i would like to see the notify center to be more like Android's, to be able to archive mails from the Notification Center etc
j0han is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7