Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ritmomundo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Does anyone know if there is a Cydia tweak for some sort of notification light? I know there isn't a physical LED for it, but maybe something that makes a part of the screen light up and flash at low brightness or along those lines?

1984world

macrumors 6502
Aug 26, 2008
This is one of the things I want on my iphone more than anything, an LED light on top like the blackberries, some android, etc. Different colours for different types of alerts. Really handy at times.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
This is one of the things I want on my iphone more than anything, an LED light on top like the blackberries, some android, etc. Different colours for different types of alerts. Really handy at times.
Same here. My old HTC Touch Pro has a button dead center like the iPhone home button. It's got four hidden LEDs around it and it pulses in a clockwise rotation (white light) when there's a notification. Some enterprising hackers even created a hack to modify the LEDS so that it was multicolored.

Always thought that was a cool feature of my old phone, but of course nothing like that with the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.