Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Jun 4, 2013, 01:06 AM   #1
Lil Chillbil
macrumors 65816

Lightworks

So after skip hopping 30 day trial after 30 day trial after ip address after ip address I could get out of adobe cs6. I needed an editor and I needed on fast because we were shooting a $800 budget movie (oh yeah big budget for a bunch of 14 year olds directing it) tomorrow. So I did some searching found that windows movie maker sucks so does every other free program that came with our vivitar camcorder and tripod and our sony handycam. Eventually I stumbled accross this program called lightworks. that claimed to have an extremely steep learning curve but very rewarding. Knowing me I took it as a personal challenge and after fighting with the program to even get it to launch and watching a 8 hour tutorial on how to use it. I am pretty much a master.

Were shooting it with a canon L1 just cause thats how I roll at 480p hi-8
plus I was able to get an awesome deal on it on ebay with 3 lenses 25 tapes charger 2 batterys and a shoulder mount for $200 shipped

but enough about that off topic but I am just letting everyone know that Lightworks is not to be taken as some crappy freeware. it is a very good tool that is free

and sony vegas can't beat free
Old Jun 13, 2013, 02:33 PM   #2
Siderz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Chillbil View Post
I am just letting everyone know that Lightworks is not to be taken as some crappy freeware.
Of course not; it was released in 1989, was being used extensively during the 90s within the BBC, and many top editors including Thelma Schoonmaker use it.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video