Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

springsup

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2013

To be fair, those were concepts made based on leaked information rather than 'fan art'.

I don't think I've seen anyone independently come up with anything really similar to what Apple comes up with.

Risco

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 22, 2010
United Kingdom
Well, of course.

Plenty of times.

All the time, really.

No kidding, almost all predictive concepts are solid!

If it weren't so, then doing prediction based on no information at all would be...well...silly!:p

;) :D

Lol, on the flip side has anyone been hired on the strength of their concepts?

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011

I might misinterpret you, but people do get employed using concepts in their portfolios. So I would say yes.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Oh for sure, I just meant has anyone knowingly been hired by Apple?

No. Not from UI concepts.

One guy was hired at least as an intern due to having written a jailbreak hack that was licensed/bought by Apple

And another guy was hired as an intern over his work to find exploits for jail breaking

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011

One guy was hired at least as an intern due to having written a jailbreak hack that was licensed/bought by Apple

And another guy was hired as an intern over his work to find exploits for jail breaking

How come you have such knowledge of the hiring process and portfolios of their employees?

cambookpro

macrumors 604
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom

Yes -- people (or one person at least) have been hired by Apple based on their concepts.

Jan-Michael Cart's work on Siri and mocking up other interface elements earnt him a job at Apple helping design the 'user interface and experience'.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.