Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
iXCC (tm) 2pcs White 10ft (TEN FEET !) EXTRA LONG Lightning USB SYNC Cable Cord Charger For Apple iPhone 5, iPod Nano 7, iPod Touch 5, iPad 4, iPad with Retina Display and the iPad Mini
http://www.amazon.com/iXCC-Lightnin...4?ie=UTF8&qid=1377207129&sr=8-4&keywords=ixcc
$12

This cable is great. It comes in a pack of 2 lightning cables. It is a 3rd party cable that actually works. I recommend this cable to everyone. Any questions? Im here to answer. Just wanted to share a long, cheap, good quality lightning cable with members of MR:)
Here are a few pics i took:
sava2ejy.jpg
pu6y4e2y.jpg
etyqe6eb.jpg

This cable also comes in a 30 pin version with 2 10 feet cords.

EDIT: I don't recommend these now. iOS 7 causes an error to come up but still charges.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Most third party cables this cheap fail after a short time. I would rather get an OEM cable and an USB extension.

OC513

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
NYC
Can anyone confirm that the cables I have above work on iOS 7?

I bought mine not long after you posted this and they have been and still do work fine while other 3rd party cables I have no longer work on iOS7 and yet still other 3rd party cables that work for some betas and not others. Very odd behavior. But these exact cables have worked through every build for myself and the wife.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I bought mine not long after you posted this and they have been and still do work fine while other 3rd party cables I have no longer work on iOS7 and yet still other 3rd party cables that work for some betas and not others. Very odd behavior. But these exact cables have worked through every build for myself and the wife.

Thank you:) I'm happy that these 3rd party cables work on iOS 7.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
So on iOS7 you do not get the popup stating that the charger is not supported? This often pops up but the cable still charges. Just annoying.

imaginex20

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Zmanbaseball2, the cables you purchased I am not sure if it is the "iOS 7" compatible ones meaning it will still charge but it may give you the generic warning "this cable may not work properly..." blah blah. The iXCC ones I purchased were manufactured after iOS 7 came out and someone else had cracked the chip to bypass the warning prompt. Your mileage may vary when it comes to aftermarket cables...

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Zmanbaseball2, the cables you purchased I am not sure if it is the "iOS 7" compatible ones meaning it will still charge but it may give you the generic warning "this cable may not work properly..." blah blah. The iXCC ones I purchased were manufactured after iOS 7 came out and someone else had cracked the chip to bypass the warning prompt. Your mileage may vary when it comes to aftermarket cables...

According to OC513 the cables worked with every build of iOS 7. We will have to wait until the public release to see if any changes are made.

OC513

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
NYC
According to OC513 the cables worked with every build of iOS 7. We will have to wait until the public release to see if any changes are made.

Yes they have but you do get the pop up notification, which in earlier betas you could dismiss, in the latest version you can not dismiss it. Not an issue as cables work fine despite the warning, they charge and sync perfectly.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
iXCC Lightning 10ft cable. (2pk for $12 on amazon)

Yes they have but you do get the pop up notification, which in earlier betas you could dismiss, in the latest version you can not dismiss it. Not an issue as cables work fine despite the warning, they charge and sync perfectly.

Your saying that the device is unusable when it is charging using the ixcc cable?

OC513

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2007
NYC
Your saying that the device is unusable when it is charging using the ixcc cable?

no not at all. Works perfectly. Its just that the notification stays on the lock screen with no way to dismiss it. But once you unlock the phone that notification is gone and you can use the phone as you normally would.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
no not at all. Works perfectly. Its just that the notification stays on the lock screen with no way to dismiss it. But once you unlock the phone that notification is gone and you can use the phone as you normally would.

Oh ok just the way you said it made it sound that way. Lol thank you.

jimchalil

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2014
IXCC 10ft Cable -no longer works

Have the 10ft Lightening Cable by IXCC and worked get till about 3 weeks ago.
Now cable isn't even recognized by the device for charging or syncing, doh! This was a great cable till it stopped......

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Have the 10ft Lightening Cable by IXCC and worked get till about 3 weeks ago.

Now cable isn't even recognized by the device for charging or syncing, doh! This was a great cable till it stopped......

I'm done with non certified cable because that happens. I only have certified cables all over my house now. Plus they are cheap on amazon:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.