Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old Jun 4, 2013, 08:24 PM   #1
xcodeaddict
Banned

"Flat": I think many people are misunderstanding the meaning

I don't want to sound like a know it all, and I hope I don't, but based upon many threads here (a silly amount), I think that maybe many people are totally misunderstanding the context of the word "flat", with regards to iOS 7. I mean, just look at Mountain Lion VS older versions of OS X, and you'll see "flat" meaning something different from "totally flat, equal colours with no gradients, boundary cues or discernible demarcation":

Think of a shiny ball, then a matte pancake...

Sorry for the appalling edit - GIMP being used >_<

Last edited by xcodeaddict; Jun 4, 2013 at 08:32 PM.
xcodeaddict is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2013, 08:32 PM   #2
andrewpturko
macrumors member

I like your analogy but I think many are coming to a conclusion that it will most likely be "semi-flat"... perhaps some transparency as well. This is based off of all the recent info and rumors that are emerging such as the WWDC banner, WWDC official app icon, and the app itself. I made a good summary of a lot of this here. I think you have the right idea though, and I know one thing's for sure - we're all extremely excited for WWDC!! Wooooo
Old Jun 4, 2013, 08:36 PM   #3
xcodeaddict
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewpturko View Post
I like your analogy but I think many are coming to a conclusion that it will most likely be "semi-flat"... perhaps some transparency as well. This is based off of all the recent info and rumors that are emerging such as the WWDC banner, WWDC official app icon, and the app itself. I made a good summary of a lot of this here. I think you have the right idea though, and I know one thing's for sure - we're all extremely excited for WWDC!! Wooooo
Ah, thank you my friend

Yes, too right we are! Woohoo! (and I don't even got an iPhone... yet. Sold my 3GS recently, didn't want to but I couldn't let my Aunty down).
xcodeaddict is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7