Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amosdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
have a brand new imac 27" ,cannot connect my scanner EPSON PERFECTION 3200 PHOTO.
Update software showing empty screen i.e., not recognizing hardware.
Any help appreciated
Amos

phrehdd

macrumors 601
Oct 25, 2008
have a brand new imac 27" ,cannot connect my scanner EPSON PERFECTION 3200 PHOTO.
Update software showing empty screen i.e., not recognizing hardware.
Any help appreciated
Amos

Perhaps a little more information is in order before people can make suggestions.

Have you tried turning on and off the scanner?
Is it connected via USB and if so, have you tried reseating the cable?
Do you have an art type software such as Pixelmator or Adobe Elements that can do direct import/scans?

If your scanner is not directly attached to your Mac that too can be an issue (maybe attached to a router or another device on your network may lead to a failure to recognize the scanner).

I suggest you provide info related to the above and hopefully, someone will have a useful suggestion to help you out.

Good luck!

amosdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
unable to connect

cable is directly connected to iMac but not showing when asking for software update.
Is it possible that Apple has no driver for this scanner
Have tried to install scanner but
getting message:"you cant open the application Epson scan installer because power pc applications are no longer supported
Amos

viggen61

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2002
New Jersey
cable is directly connected to iMac but not showing when asking for software update.
Is it possible that Apple has no driver for this scanner
Have tried to install scanner but
getting message:"you cant open the application Epson scan installer because power pc applications are no longer supported
Amos
This scanner dates from before Apple switched to Intel processors, and long before Apple dropped support in OS X 10.6 and up for PowerPC applications.

Your 27" iMac has an intel processor, and as you say it is "brand new" it is probably running OS X 10.8, which can not run the old software.

Your best bet is to go to Epson's site, and download the latest software they have, or find out what they may suggest.

:apple::apple:

amosdi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 19, 2010
This scanner dates from before Apple switched to Intel processors, and long before Apple dropped support in OS X 10.6 and up for PowerPC applications.

Your 27" iMac has an intel processor, and as you say it is "brand new" it is probably running OS X 10.8, which can not run the old software.

Your best bet is to go to Epson's site, and download the latest software they have, or find out what they may suggest.

:apple::apple:

ok thanks for trying to help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.