Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

kindle_app_icon.jpg
Amazon has updated its Kindle iOS app to version 3.8, adding the ability to adjust line spacing in the app along with multipage highlights that can be used to highlight book passages that span more than a single page.

The update also includes accessibility improvements that allow users to increase maximum font size and it also comes with a number of bug fixes and stability enhancements. Textbooks have been improved as well, with a new filter-by-type feature that allows sorting of notes, bookmarks, and highlights by color.
- Line Spacing - loose, normal, and tight line spacing options change the page layout to suit your reading preference
- Multipage Highlights - highlight long passages that span multiple pages for added convenience
- Print Replica Textbooks notebook improvements - filter by type: notes, bookmarks, and highlights by color; Sync starred notes between devices
- Accessibility Improvements - select a higher maximum font size, bug fixes
- Bug Fixes/Stability Improvements
Kindle for iOS is a universal app that can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]

Article Link: Kindle for iOS Updated with Line Spacing Options, Multipage Highlights

gmcalpin

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2008
Somerville, MA
Does the Kindle reader have continuous scroll mode yet? That's the single biggest reason I buy iBooks from Apple.

I'm reading an eBook on a tablet. "Pages" make no sense to me.

JayCee842

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2013
Does the Kindle reader have continuous scroll mode yet? That's the single biggest reason I buy iBooks from Apple.

No, not yet. I'd like to see it as well, but who knows when they'll bring it. :(

Exen

macrumors newbie
Feb 24, 2009
Finally. I can't believe it's taken them this long to do multipage highlights.

Jodles

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2008

Just curious, how do you do continuous scroll on books in iBooks?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.