Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sparticu$

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
Ok so I'm stumped on this one. I cannot connect to my wifi here at home which has a password on it. Every time i enter the password it says incorrect password even though its correct. I've tried resetting network settings and I've tried resetting all settings. I really don't want to restore my phone because I'm jail broken and ill lose the jailbreak with the new update. Oh I also forgot to add that if I remove the password on the wifi I can connect.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Mac'nCheese

Suspended
Feb 9, 2010
Not an expert here at all so just have one shot in the dark: try forgetting the network in your phone and then find it again. Put in password then. Worth a shot....

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Try another device. Also make absolutely sure your not trying to log onto a neighbors wifi. All my neighbors have extremely similar wifi names, probably because they all have the same ISP and haven't gone they the bother of changing their SSID.

Sparticu$

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
Nope I just restored I didn't need the jailbreak that much the only thing I really used was the hotspot. I looked all over the Internet and the only solution was to erase and restore.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
Nope I just restored I didn't need the jailbreak that much the only thing I really used was the hotspot. I looked all over the Internet and the only solution was to erase and restore.

You aid you can remove the password and it will work, have you tried changing the password to something else?

----------

Only other thought is that you're not using the same security on the router/phone.

teribithia

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2012
London
1. check your Wireless Router forbid your iPhone mac or not, advice you set it "allow all mac address connect".
2. check your Wireless Router " allow ssid send"
3. remove your iphone wifi , and find it agian then input the correct password.

4. if the #3 not work, reset the wifi password in Wireless Router. then retry #3. ;);)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.