Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Jun 6, 2013, 02:40 AM   #1
secretsecret
macrumors newbie

iPod only syncing half my music

My iPod touch has decided to only sync a selected few of my songs. I lost everything recently, so only have my purchased music (which is all on my iPod so thats ok) and imported a whole heap of music from my original CD's. I did everything the same way, yet my iPod only has one or 2 albums on it out of the whole 20-odd albums that I have imported.

I did everything exactly the same for each cd I imported

I have synced and re-synced and nothing is changing

All of my music in iTunes is 'ticked' so shouldn't everything that is ticked be synced to my iPod?

Thanks in advance!
secretsecret is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 05:12 PM   #2
haroldwrpr
macrumors newbie

Problems with music syncing

I have 143 albums. The ones I "invented" with mp3 files I imported are fine. I have a few CD's that are not, and my iPhone5 and iPad 3 treat them differently. Check to see the artists - they may be listed, as a few of mine are, as "Unknown Album", but they are under the artists. I have tried checking and unchecking "compliations", fixing sort information for the album and artists, and the info names, numbers of tracks (e.g.: 4 of 14). Multi-CD sets are particularly a problem, in spite of what it said for the new version of iTunes. EVERYTHING IS FINE IN ITUNES! The only consistency seems to be with the 3 CD set of The Essential Johnny Cash, which puts disk 1 in as an Unknown Album in both pieces of hardware. Mary Poppins London Cast Recording is fine on the iPad, but is listed as an unknown album, but sorted correctly in the iPhone. I'm stumped. Is there another place to find the info, other than "Get Info"? If someone has a suggestion, I'd love to hear it. By the way, I DO have iMatch off on both devices, so I can add or take off what I want.

Last edited by haroldwrpr; Jun 12, 2013 at 05:20 PM. Reason: adding to it.
haroldwrpr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2013, 09:31 PM   #3
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Try tune up media

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
Old Jun 14, 2013, 02:14 AM   #4
SlovakApple
macrumors 6502

Have you manual sync ON? I have it always ON, because I do not lke iTunes doing something on his own (except backup).
Old Jun 14, 2013, 03:47 AM   #5
haroldwrpr
macrumors newbie

syncing half my songs - well, partly fixed

It was suggested to me that I delete and re-import my problem CD's, because if the info is different, or unknown or blank on the original "CD info" at import, it can cause a problem with iTunes. The fellow told me I should check the CD info BEFORE import, don't import right away, delete the old CD from the Library, fix the info before import, then import. I did it, and it solved most of my problems. The remaining problem is on my iPad, one album has 10 of 11 songs duplicated. I turned on iMatch (I used to have it on) thinking if it replaced my entire Library with my entire current Library, that would solve it. Well, it didn't, although my other problems remain solved. The iPad is the only device I keep ALL of my songs on. Anybody know how to get rid of a duplicate on an iPad that isn't in your iTunes Library?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 07:04 AM   #6
haroldwrpr
macrumors newbie

Cool duplicate problem solved

The key seems to be:
1. change any CD info you want to change BEFORE import.
2. Use iMatch ONLY in iTunes, NOT in your device. - not ever.
3. Get rid of duplicates by going into your device in iTunes, and manually managing your songs, and delete duplicates manually.

Good luck figuring this out from the manual, which assumes everything will always be hunky-dory. Apple wants you to pay the annual fee for your device so you can get them to tell you what to do.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch